Saturday, May 14, 2011

Playing the Waiting Game

Day 2 of the chase featured storms forming in an unstable but weakly sheared environment. Our target was NE Texas and SE Oklahoma and storms began to form about 20 miles north of our location. We intercepted the storm right as it split and began a quick death. From there, we intercepted a second storm that produced dime sized hail near Atoka, OK.

Day 3 was a travel day from McAlester, OK to Amarillo, TX and featured dinner at chase favorite Green Chile Willy's.

Day 4 was spent at Palo Duro Canyon in the morning and about an hour and a half of forecasting as a group for next week's chase prospects.

We have a few more days of forecasting and positioning before chasing begins either Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on which model solution holds the most water.

No comments:

Post a Comment